Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/06/11 00:07:16 UTC

FW: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating)

All:

Thanks for all of the hard-work in getting the release of Apache Ranger (incubating) 0.5.0.

Without everyone of you, this release would not have been possible.  Thanks you very much.

The release is available for download from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/ranger/0.5.0-incubating/

Thanks,
Selva-

From: Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 11:33 AM
To: "general@incubator.apache.org<ma...@incubator.apache.org>" <ge...@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating)

This vote has passed with 4 +1s votes from IPMC members and no 0 or -1 votes. -   Voting Thead Link<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201506.mbox/%3CD198D3CC.2451E%25sneethir%40apache.org%3E>

Here are the votes:

+1 (binding):

  *   Alan Gates
  *   Justin Mclean
  *   JG Homan
  *   Devaraj Das

+1 (non-binding):

  *   Selvamohan Neethiraj

+0:(none)
-1:(none)

We will proceed with the official release.

Thank you very much for the time you have taken for helping Apache Ranger Release.

Selva-

From: Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>>
Date: Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM
To: <ge...@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating)

The Apache Ranger community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - Voting Thread Link<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ranger-dev/201506.mbox/%3CD1945353.23599%25sneethiraj@hortonworks.com%3E>.

This will be our second release since the project entered incubation in July 2014.

The ranger-0.5.0-rc3 release candidate is build from ranger-0.5 branch and is available with the following artifacts up for a project vote:

Git tag for the release:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ranger.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/ranger-0.5.0-rc3

Source release:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc3/ranger-0.5.0.tar.gz

PGP Signature:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc3/ranger-0.5.0.tar.gz.asc

MD5/SHA hash:

http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc3/ranger-0.5.0.tar.gz.mds

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at: https://people.apache.org/keys/group/ranger.asc

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes is reached.
 [   ] +1  approve
 [   ] +0  no opinion
 [   ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1 (non binding)

Thanks
Selva-

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating)

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Selva, thanks for putting this release packaging together and also
creating the release notes wiki
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Apache+Ranger+0.5.0+-+R
elease+Notes).

It is an impressive amount of work we did in this release. Great job
everyone!!!

Bosco