Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br on 2005/11/07 21:41:00 UTC

Drop column/change default.

I have found no way to drop a column from a table. Is this possible?

In meanwhile, if I can't drop the column, I need to change it from NOT NULL to NULL. AFAIK,
this is not possible. So, I need to change the column to add DEFAULT 0 (since it's numeric,
I just put a 0 in place).

So, what is really possible to do? Drop column? Put a default?

Tkx,

Edson Richter

Re: Drop column/change default.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Edson,

Enhancement request 396 tracks this issue and Scott MacDonald is working
on it. For current capabilities, see the ALTER TABLE section of the
Reference Manual. In a nutshell, you can't drop a column.

Cheers,
-Rick