Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Konstantin Piroumian <KP...@flagship.ru> on 2000/11/01 12:33:53 UTC

Re: [Challenge] MSDN Table of Contents :)

Hi!

MS Tree uses also JavaScript.
I have a similar tree based on XML/XSL and it works with Cocoon.
But it can be used with any XML/XSL transformer servlet (or something else).

I can send you sources off-list if you want to look at them.

Regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian
Email: kpiroumian@flagship.ru

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <KP...@flagship.ru>.
> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > MS Tree uses also JavaScript.
> > I have a similar tree based on XML/XSL and it works with Cocoon.
> > But it can be used with any XML/XSL transformer servlet (or something
else).

> > I can send you sources off-list if you want to look at them.
>
> Better yet, write a sample and submit it :-)

As a sample of what? :)
It is a simple XML and a simple XSL with JavaScript, which provides the most
functionality.
Maybe, it will be a sample of using JavaScript with Cocoon?

Ok, I'll try to design it as a Cocoon sample and send, but I am a little
busy now, so it will take some time.

Konstantin

Re: how to put non well-formed html within xsl?

Posted by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl>.
Harris Rappaport wrote:
> 1. I want to put break tags - <br> - and
> well-formedness requires that tag to be <br/>
> but netscape doesn't understand <br/> as a break, it only understands <br>

As far as I know, Cocoon automatically replaces the <br/> tag by a <br>
tag if it knows the content will be in the final stage HTML.
And if it doesn't you could choose to use <br></br>. Netscape would see
the first <br> tag, and ignore the second one.

> 2. I want to put dynamic content in an 'onLoad=alert("...")', which goes
> within the <body> tag - so I want to put:

  <xsl:attribute name="onLoad">alert('<xsl:value-of
select="@message"/></xsl:attribute>

Peter

--
Peter Verhage       <pe...@ibuildings.nl>
ibuildings.nl BV - information technology

Re: how to put non well-formed html within xsl?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Harris Rappaport wrote:

> Hi -
> I have what I hope is a simple question:
>
> How do I put non well-formed html within an xsl stylesheet without Cocoon
> giving me an error?

offtopic. please take this to an XSLT list, like the one at mulberrytech.

- donald

how to put non well-formed html within xsl?

Posted by Harris Rappaport <ha...@undereternity.net>.
Hi -
I have what I hope is a simple question:

How do I put non well-formed html within an xsl stylesheet without Cocoon
giving me an error?

For example:

1. I want to put break tags - <br> - and
well-formedness requires that tag to be <br/>
but netscape doesn't understand <br/> as a break, it only understands <br>

2. I want to put dynamic content in an 'onLoad=alert("...")', which goes
within the <body> tag - so I want to put:

but then I get the error message:
Element type "body" must be followed by either attribute specifications,
">" or "/>".

Any help?

Thanks.
Harris.

Re: [Challenge] MSDN Table of Contents :)

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@histio.org>.
I am very interested in your implementation of tree based navigation.

Please send me a copy of the relevent source files.

many thanks,
Claude Warren, Jr.
Webmaster, Histiocytosis Association of America
www.histio.org