Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Robin Berjon <ro...@knowscape.com> on 2001/02/02 16:57:08 UTC

[OT] web games running under modperl

Hi,

this is not directly modperl related, but it's for a project that will run
under modperl. A client of mine wants to have all sorts of games on his
website, some single player, some multiplayer. I have very little game
programming experience and I don't really feel like reimplementing
backgammon or chess :-)

The good thing is that the games needn't have IA (people never play against
a computer), they just need to know the rules and control display. I looked
into CPAN and googled for that, and though there are a few first leads I
couldn't go very far. So, does anybody know of some Perl libs or scripts
that could be easily cleaned up to run as handlers for typical games
(chess, checkers, backgammon, etc...) ?

Thanks in advance,

-- robin b.
There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

Re: [OT] web games running under modperl

Posted by Paul Edmondson <pa...@yospace.com>.
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Robin Berjon wrote:

> The good thing is that the games needn't have IA (people never play against
> a computer), they just need to know the rules and control display. I looked
> into CPAN and googled for that, and though there are a few first leads I
> couldn't go very far. So, does anybody know of some Perl libs or scripts
> that could be easily cleaned up to run as handlers for typical games
> (chess, checkers, backgammon, etc...) ?

I know of a free perl implementation of chess. Downloadable at
http://www.beholder.co.uk/chess/board.html

Paul Edmondson, Software Engineer
Yospace Ltd, 7 The Courtyard, High Street, Staines, UK, TW18 4DP
Tel: +44 1784 466388
Fax: +44 1784 466387
WWW: http://www.yospace.com