Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2005/10/12 21:57:42 UTC

not found

Hi all
 I just did a portupgrade on my system and now I'm trying to start SA

And this is what I get

milter# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd.sh restart
spamd not running?
Starting spamd.
eval: /usr/local/bin/spamd: not found

But it IS there

Any thoughts  PLEASE

FREEBSD 5.4

SA
CLAM
EXIM

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator
Information Technology
Family Care International
588 Broadway Suite 503
New York, NY 10012
Phone:212-941-5300 xt 36
Fax:  212-941-5563
Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Re: not found

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi all
>  I just did a portupgrade on my system and now I'm trying to start SA
>
> And this is what I get
>
> milter# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd.sh restart
> spamd not running?
> Starting spamd.
> eval: /usr/local/bin/spamd: not found
>
> But it IS there
>
> Any thoughts  PLEASE

Does it have the X bit set?

The script might be doing an eval which checks if the file is executable, and
assuming it doesn't exist if it's not.

Re: not found

Posted by William Stearns <ws...@pobox.com>.
Good evening, Jean-Paul,

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:

> Hi all
> I just did a portupgrade on my system and now I'm trying to start SA
>
> And this is what I get
>
> milter# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd.sh restart
> spamd not running?
> Starting spamd.
> eval: /usr/local/bin/spamd: not found
>
> But it IS there
>
> Any thoughts  PLEASE

 	spamd is a perl script, which specifies a path to its interpreter
as the first line, such as:

     #!/usr/bin/perl -T -w

 	If that _interpreter_ is missing, you would get the "not found"
error as well.  Is there any chance your system places perl in a different
directory?  Try "which perl".  If that's something other than
/usr/bin/perl, you can do this:

cd /usr/bin
ln -s /path/to/real/perl perl

 	Cheers,