Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Bill Comer <bi...@lammtara.com> on 2003/08/14 14:34:08 UTC

2 apps, 2 sets of files, common util classes

Hi all,

We have two applications that should be writing to different log files
in different directories.

These applications use a set of common utility classes where the logger
is set up with a statement such as:
   private static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(Player.class);

The problem we have is that log messages from application 'a' using this
class gets its messages written to both log files for app 'a' and app
'b'.

The two apps are run from separate jar files but we do not want to hard
code the differences in the common util classes.

Any clues on how we can avoid this ?

Regards,

Bill Comer

Regards,

Bill Comer

---

RE: 2 apps, 2 sets of files, common util classes

Posted by Bill Comer <bi...@lammtara.com>.
To answer Yoav,
    Although the util classes are common they are built into the jar
file for each app, so to answer your question. No they are not from a
common jar file.
    However both apps pick up the same log4j.jar

To answer Ceki.
    The apps are running in a separate web apps in the same servlet
container ( resin)

Regards,

Bill Comer

Do these two applications run in a servlet container (e.g. Tomcat) or an

EJB container (e.g JBoss)?

--
Ceki For log4j documentation consider "The complete log4j manual"

---

Re: 2 apps, 2 sets of files, common util classes

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

--
Ceki For log4j documentation consider "The complete log4j manual"