Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Lewis <le...@hhpl.on.ca> on 2006/11/04 19:05:30 UTC

Sorting facets

My apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't see it in
the FAQ, tutorial or wiki or the solr-user mail archives.

The explanation for sorting the documents returned by a search is quite
straight foward. I'm currently seeing the facets arriving in a more
random order.

Is the expectation that the code processing the result will apply its
own sorts to the facet lists?  or is there some other option I'm
overlooking?

Walter Lewis

Re: Sorting facets

Posted by Walter Lewis <le...@hhpl.on.ca>.
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On 11/4/06, Walter Lewis <le...@hhpl.on.ca> wrote:
>> Is there any way to make that sort alphabetical? I have a tag cloud
>> style display in mind.
> Not currently.  Is there any benefit of doing so in the server rather
> than the client?
Only that I don't have to write the code. :)

Walter

Re: Sorting facets

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 11/4/06, Walter Lewis <le...@hhpl.on.ca> wrote:
> Yonik Seeley wrote:
> > For facet.field, If you don't put a limit on the number of facets (via
> > facet.limit or f.field.facet.limit) they won't be sorted.
> ... which sort is by number of matches descending, and for many probably
> the single most useful.
>
> Is there any way to make that sort alphabetical? I have a tag cloud
> style display in mind.

Not currently.  Is there any benefit of doing so in the server rather
than the client?

-Yonik

Re: Sorting facets

Posted by Walter Lewis <le...@hhpl.on.ca>.