Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org> on 2011/10/25 20:40:41 UTC

Ligatures (was: [VOTE] Merge branch Temp_ComplexScripts into trunk)

On 10/25/2011 10:16 AM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> Keep in mind that Latin (Roman), Cyrillic, and Greek scripts also
> benefit from support when complex scripts are enabled, since in these
> cases the advanced typographic tables (ATT) present in OpenType fonts
> used with these scripts are enabled. For example, such tables enable
> the correct placement of combining marks (e.g., diacritics and
> accents) with base characters.

Ooh, I hadn’t really thought of this before... how much work would it
take to use this code to enable Latin ligatures (fi, fl, etc.) when the
typeface supports them?  I currently handle this in XSLT and it’s a
PITA, and also lacks information about actual typeface support for
advanced ligatures (ffi, ct, etc.).

~Chris
“Be wary of great leaders.  Hope that there are many, many small
 leaders.” — Pete Seeger

Re: Ligatures

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
Thanks Tony! I'll look into that. And nice to hear from you after many
years.

Best,
Glenn

Re: Ligatures

Posted by Tony Graham <tg...@mentea.net>.

Re: Ligatures (was: [VOTE] Merge branch Temp_ComplexScripts into trunk)

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.