Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 17:21:07 UTC

[Semi-OT] Incubation of Dimensions

Hi all!
I am asking (again) if you think that proposing Dimensions for
incubation as a Tiles subproject is feasible:
http://mutidimensions.sourceforge.net/
For those who do not know Dimensions (or better, those who did not
read my letters about Dimensions :-) ), it was a Struts-Tiles
extension that allowed to show different content (read: Tiles
definitions) depending on the caller user role-device pair. Currently
I am trying porting it to Tiles 2.
So if you have not anything in contrary, I will start thinking about
an incubation proposal.
Currently I need to find a champion, because the "sponsor" will be the
Apache Tiles project itself. If any Apache member here wants to be the
champion Dimensions, I will be very happy :-)

Let me know your thoughts.

TIA
Antonio

Re: [Semi-OT] Incubation of Dimensions

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/14, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> I added you to the tiles-committers group.  See if that works.

Perfect, it worked, thank you Greg!
Here is the result of a first attempt to build a proposal:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TILES/DimensionsIncubationProposal

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/14/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Errr.. by the way, I cannot add a page to cwiki, probably because I
> > have not the rights.
> > Can someone help me?

I added you to the tiles-committers group.  See if that works.

Greg

Re: [Semi-OT] Incubation of Dimensions

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/14, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:
> 2007/3/14, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:
> > Ok, i will build it in the wiki for the moment, so we can work on it.
>
> Errr.. by the way, I cannot add a page to cwiki, probably because I
> have not the rights.
> Can someone help me?

I forgot to tell that my username is "apetrelli" and I am referring to
Apache Tiles resource on cwiki.

TIA Again

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/13, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> On 3/12/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So if you have not anything in contrary, I will start thinking about
> > an incubation proposal.
>

> I think the idea has merit.  I haven't studied Dimensions in any real
> detail, but it seems like the concepts would be beneficial to our project.
> I'm not an apache member so I can't be the champion, but I'd say go ahead
> and put together the proposal and we'll look for a champion.

Ok, i will build it in the wiki for the moment, so we can work on it.

> Last time you brought it up I thought there were some GPL dependencies or
> something similar that needed to be resolved.  Was that just a dream?

Well, almost :-) It was LGPL, and the problem was for Scopes (not
Dimensions), and it is resolved since HTMLParser (the problematic
package) changed its license to CPL (that is Apache-compatible).

Thanks

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.