Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/04 21:04:12 UTC

Re: loosing style sheet, when reloading or visiting the jsp page again..found the reason

Hi
the issue was i had defined style sheet <link href..>
above
i just moved the style sheet definiation below

I wonder what may be the reason for not working

Ashish

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Yeah, makes some sense... from the Struts User's Guide...

"This tag (<base>) is useful because it allows you to use relative URL
references in the page that are calculated based on the URL of the page
itself, rather than the URL to which the most recent submit took place
(which is where the browser would normally resolve relative references
against)."

I don't off the top of my head know all the details of that tag, either
the underlying <base> tag or the <html:base> tag (can't say I've ever used
either frankly), but if you had your linke PRIOR to it, it seems obvious,
from the above quote, that the URL might not get calculated properly.  Why
it worked the first time and not after that might have something to do
with the part about what happens before and after the most recent submit.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect