Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> on 2016/04/26 15:33:59 UTC

Solr - Windows solr.cmd & network interfaces: weird behaviour

Hi folks,

Just noticed some weird behaviour on Windows. The Windows solr.cmd
script makes the (incorrect) assumption that Solr will always be
listening on 0.0.0.0 (all interfaces). When you change the interface
address, say to 127.0.0.1, then the status and stop commands will fail.

I changed the interface address by updating solr.in.cmd:

set SOLR_OPTS=%SOLR_OPTS% -Djetty.host=127.0.0.1

I'm thinking that 0.0.0.0 should probably be a parameter defined in
solr.in.cmd, instead of a hard coded magic number in solr.cmd.

Would that be an acceptable approach?

If so, I'm willing to write up a patch, but I think there are/were plans
of rewriting solr.cmd entirely and I wouldn't want to get in the way of
that?

 - Bram