Posted to user@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2016/02/06 01:45:51 UTC

Feedback and Use Case on Flagging, Locking, Placing Accounts on Hold

Hi everyone,

As we've set out working on implementing dormant/inactive account status
for savings accounts, I wanted to get a thread going on having general
functionality to flag, lock or place accounts on hold.

This could apply to client, savings, and loan accounts and be used for
different purposes with different consequences for flagged accounts.

Robert's feature request on placing accounts on hold
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/56b53fffe4b02bbe462691f3?link=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZtaWZvc2ZvcmdlLmppcmEuY29tJTJGYnJvd3NlJTJGTUlGT1NYLTI1MDk=>
for a death or other reason was the impetus for this email and the rough
spec I drafted. Thanks Robert!

Please review the initial specification at:
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/MIFOSX/Flag%2C+Lock+or+Place+Accounts+On+Hold
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/56b53fffe4b02bbe462691f3?link=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZtaWZvc2ZvcmdlLmppcmEuY29tJTJGd2lraSUyRmRpc3BsYXklMkZNSUZPU1glMkZGbGFnJTI1MkMlMkJMb2NrJTJCb3IlMkJQbGFjZSUyQkFjY291bnRzJTJCT24lMkJIb2xk>
and edit as needed or provide comments on the page or in this thread.

We want to be able to implement the general concept of flagging an account
and can then add specific reasons and configurable actions for what happens
to the funds, etc.

I've also added a link to some of the use cases other products like Mambu
have been considering support of around these.

Ed