Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Justin M. Harrison" <sh...@doublebagel.com> on 2002/08/13 20:32:55 UTC

Random behavior

Hi,

I am having a problem with embperl randomly claiming that I am calling
an undefined sub routine. If I refresh the page, sometimes it does it
again - Sometimes it doesn't....Its _completely_ random (??)...

[19276]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Undefined subroutine
&Embperl::__5::db_connect called at
/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/e/community.zoweb line 13.

It occurs like this:

[-
#use modules
use lib '/home/user/web/lib';
use web::sql;

#prepare variables
my $host = "localhost";
my $dbusername = "username";
my $dbpassword = "password";
my $database = "db";

#prepare database connection
$zoweb::dbi = &db_connect($host,$database,$dbusername,$dbpassword);
-]

Or:

[!
#use modules
use lib '/home/user/web/lib';
use web::sql;

#prepare variables
my $host = "localhost";
my $dbusername = "username";
my $dbpassword = "password";
my $database = "db";
!]
#prepare database connection
[- $zoweb::dbi = &db_connect($host,$database,$dbusername,$dbpassword) -]

Even after I restart the server.

Any ideas?

Justin

RE: Random behavior

Posted by Justin Harrison <sh...@doublebagel.com>.
I _may_ have tracked down the behavior to this line:

[- $http_headers_out{'Location'} =
"http://zo.astyrrian.com/e/login.zoweb" -]

Are there any known problems with this? It is practically right from the
manual. If I remove it and refresh several times, its fine. If I put it
back in and refresh - It complains about not finding the function.