Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com> on 2011/06/01 21:41:34 UTC

Searching using a PDF

Is it possible to do a search based on a PDF file? I know its possible to
update the index with a PDF but can you do just a regular search with it?

Thanks,

Brian Lamb

Re: Searching using a PDF

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Not that I know of, you'll probably have to handle this before it hits Solr.

Best
Erick

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Brian Lamb

Re: Searching using a PDF

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.

Re: Searching using a PDF

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.