Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Sunny Zhang <Su...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2019/08/20 23:58:24 UTC

Azure Event Hub Processors Upgrade Problem

Hi there,

I'm a dev from Microsoft Azure Event Hub team. We noticed that the Azure Event Hub processors on Nifi is using an very old version and may cause usability problems to the users. We want to help to upgrade it to the newest version!

However, I met some problem trying to debug with the project with IntelliJ IDE. I can build-run the code with command lines, read log when exception happens, and I can successfully opened the project in IntelliJ and edit, but I'm not sure how to run and debug the project in IntelliJ. More specifically, we wanna attach the running Nifi (http://localhost:8080/nifi/) with the IDE so that we can have breakpoints, check runtime value without having to print variables to log (but we didn't find a way yet). We wanna ensure the quality, so we want to do enough testing etc, so we hope to work on debugging more effectively.

Could you help to explain how to work on the project with IntelliJ, or is there any good ways?

Best,
Sunny

Re: Azure Event Hub Processors Upgrade Problem

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hey Sunny,

Very happy to have your help! Thanks! Sorry it wasn't more obvious how to connect remotely. What you'll want to do is to update the "bootstrap.conf" file in the conf/ directory. On or around line 39, you'll see the following line:

#java.arg.debug=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000

You'll want to un-comment that line and restart. Then, you'll be able to attach to NiFi remotely from within IntelliJ, connecting to localhost on port 8000. Of course, you can change the port if you want from 8000 to whatever makes more sense for you.

Hopefully this clears things up but if you have any more questions, or if I didn't clarify things, please do let us know!

Thanks
-Mark