Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 13:25:59 UTC

Re: [Wiki] move complete

On 04/02/2008, Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de> wrote:
> On 27.01.2008, at 19:23, Roland Weber wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I moved everything in the old Wiki that I consider relevant
> > to the new Wiki. If you think that I missed something, feel
> > free to move it yourself.
> >
> > new - http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/
> > old - http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/
>
> Great!
>
> Should we close the old wiki and redirect to the new one (or at least
> make it read-only, dunno how/if that works)?

If there is no wanted untranslated stuff, then a redirect is fine,
otherwise I'm not sure that either is ideal:
- global redirect would probably prevent access to uncopied pages
- read-only is a nuisance for people following old links.

As a work-round I tried using the #redirect directive in a test page:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/TestRedir?action=show

but there seems to be a bug, as http:// becomes http:/ when the link
is processed.

If that could be got to work, I think that might be better initially,
otherwise there might be no access to the uncopied pages.