Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Lucas Stanley <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 03:57:50 UTC

SSD support in HDFS

Hi,

Is it possible to tell Apache HDFS to store some files on SSD and the rest
of the files on spinning disks?

So if each on my nodes has 1 SSD and 5 spinning disks, can I configure a
directory in HDFS to put all files in that dir on the SSD?

I think Intel's Hadoop distribution is working on some SSD support right?

Re: SSD support in HDFS

Posted by Alexey Babutin <zo...@gmail.com>.
You can use  BTIER <http://www.lessfs.com> in linux.(I don't know its
stable or not).With FreeBSD  you can use ZFS +L2ARC on SSD.

Re: SSD support in HDFS

Posted by Alexey Babutin <zo...@gmail.com>.

Re: SSD support in HDFS

Posted by Alexey Babutin <zo...@gmail.com>.