Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> on 2009/11/17 23:12:09 UTC

initiate reindexing in solr for field type changes

Hi users,
i wanted to know is there a way we can initialte solr indexing.
I mean for example i have a field which was of type string and i indexed 100
documents.
When i change the field to text i dont want to load the document again, i
should be able to just run a command line and the documents should be
indexed again with the updated field type.

The same applies with stemmer.
for example we were using Porter stemmer and we indexed like 2 million docs.
Now we want to change the configuration to Kstemmer and for this to take
effect we have to again bulk load all 2 million docs.

Is there a way to run the indexer again.

Please let me know.
Thanks
darniz

Re: initiate reindexing in solr for field type changes

Posted by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com>.
thanks
darniz

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Darniz,

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Darniz,

The "indexer" is typically an external application you write.  This application gets documents from some data source and sends them to Solr for indexing.  It is this application that needs to be able to re-get the appropriate set of documents from the data source and re-send them to Solr for re-indexing.

Otis