Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2016/03/21 21:53:19 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC0

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.0.0.
This is a major release that includes: (1) New message format including
timestamps (2) client interceptor API (3) Kafka Streams. Since this is a
major release, we will give people more time to try it out and give
feedback.

Release notes for the 0.10.0.0 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.HTML

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday, March 28, 9am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc0/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* scala-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc0/scaladoc

* java-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc0/javadoc/

* tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.0 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=72fd542633a95a8bd5bdc9fdca56042b643cb4b0

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/protocol.html

/**************************************

Thanks,

Gwen

RE: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC0

Posted by Simon Cooper <si...@featurespace.co.uk>.
Sure, many thanks for looking at it

SimonC

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

RE: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC0

Posted by Simon Cooper <si...@featurespace.co.uk>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC0

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Thank you!

The affected version should be 0.10.0.0
fixVersion will be 0.10.0.0 if you think its a show-stopper for the release
(in this case, make it a blocker too).
If its not a blocker, fixVersion can be either left empty or set to 0.10.1.0

Gwen

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC0

Posted by Dana Powers <da...@gmail.com>.