Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/18 22:05:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.8.1 of Cactus

Hello guys,

It's been more than 10 months since I released Cactus version 1.8.0,
and not I am trying to push the 1.8.1 release. I have closed some
issues in the JIRA, added a maven2 plugin for Cactus and included a
sample EJB3 application, as a reference how to test EJB3.

Here is the tag code-base:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/cactus/tags/1.8.1-rc1/

And here are the archives:
http://people.apache.org/~ptahchiev/1.8.1-rc1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eptahchiev/1.8.1-rc1/>

Please test and cast your vote.

[+1]    Go man, go!
 0]      I don't care.
[-1]     I am against it, because ...

Here is mine:

+1

Thanks, Petar.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

EOOXML objections
http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections

Public PGP Key at:
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1A15B53B761500F9
Key Fingerprint: AA16 8004 AADD 9C76 EF5B  4210 1A15 B53B 7615 00F9

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.8.1 of Cactus

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 1:37 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/01/2009, Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>>  It's been more than 10 months since I released Cactus version 1.8.0,
>>  and not I am trying to push the 1.8.1 release. I have closed some
>>  issues in the JIRA, added a maven2 plugin for Cactus and included a
>>  sample EJB3 application, as a reference how to test EJB3.
>>
>>  Here is the tag code-base:
>>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/cactus/tags/1.8.1-rc1/
>

> The licences/ directory contains a copy of AL 2.0, which is not really
> needed as it is in the LICENSE file. If you do want to keep it, then
> for consistency it should be referred to from the LICENSE file.
>
> There is also a copy of the CDDL, but that is not referenced from the
> LICENSE file nor in the NOTICE file. According to the README.txt file
> it is for the Servlet API - the N & L files need to be updated
> accordingly.

The servlet-api.jar is an Apache one though, not a CDDL one, so this
seems more like something to delete from the readme.

The HttpUnit license is MIT rather than HttpUnit specific.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.8.1 of Cactus

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18/01/2009, Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
>  It's been more than 10 months since I released Cactus version 1.8.0,
>  and not I am trying to push the 1.8.1 release. I have closed some
>  issues in the JIRA, added a maven2 plugin for Cactus and included a
>  sample EJB3 application, as a reference how to test EJB3.
>
>  Here is the tag code-base:
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/cactus/tags/1.8.1-rc1/

Some files have incorrect SVN properties; I'll fix them in trunk.

Some files don't have the proper AL 2.0 headers:

cactus-maven-skin/src/main/resources/css/maven-theme.css
doap_Jakarta_Cactus.rdf
framework/framework-wrappers/wrapper-javaEE-12/src/main/resources/org/apache/cactus/server/jspRedirector.jsp
framework/framework-wrappers/wrapper-javaEE-13/src/main/resources/org/apache/cactus/server/jspRedirector.jsp
framework/framework-wrappers/wrapper-javaEE-14/src/main/resources/org/apache/cactus/server/jspRedirector.jsp
framework/web/jspRedirector.jsp
integration/eclipse/org.apache.cactus.eclipse.runner/src/conf/jspRedirector.jsp
integration/shared-api/src/main/java/org/apache/cactus/integration/api/cactify/CactifyUtils.java
samples/servlet/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cactus-web.xml

The licences/ directory contains a copy of AL 2.0, which is not really
needed as it is in the LICENSE file. If you do want to keep it, then
for consistency it should be referred to from the LICENSE file.

There is also a copy of the CDDL, but that is not referenced from the
LICENSE file nor in the NOTICE file. According to the README.txt file
it is for the Servlet API - the N & L files need to be updated
accordingly.

>  And here are the archives:
>  http://people.apache.org/~ptahchiev/1.8.1-rc1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eptahchiev/1.8.1-rc1/>

The source archive does not contain the licences/ directory.

The source archive should not include the DOAP file.

We'll need the hashes and sigs.

>  Please test and cast your vote.
>
>  [+1]    Go man, go!
>   0]      I don't care.
>  [-1]     I am against it, because ...

-1 as above.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Clicked that the cause is my already having something on port 8080.

Hen

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henry,

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.