Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "13802880779@139.com" <13...@139.com> on 2015/08/25 08:43:38 UTC

kylin use pst time by default

like :2015-08-24 18:53:58 PST, we prefer cst time format, is that configurable?

中国移动广东有限公司 网管中心 梁猛
13802880779@139.com

Re: kylin use pst time by default

Posted by Jian Zhong <he...@gmail.com>.
Sure ,ticket created tracking this.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-971

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

Posted by Jian Zhong <he...@gmail.com>.
@Yerui

Posted by Yerui Sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Luke
  I found the timezone issue at the first time of entering kylin web and guessed it’s configured in KylinConfig.
  I greped ‘zone’ in KylinConfig, and found ‘kylin.rest.timezone’ only. But with adding config as ‘CST’ to kylin.properties, it didn’t work.

  Inspired by Jian Zhong’s reply on this thread this afternoon, I tried to set as GMT+8, and it worked now.

  I’m not sure what do you mean ‘data timezone’, I didn’t find any clue about this in the source code. Could you please make more descriptions on this?

  After all, my suggestion is adding [kylin.rest.timezone] into default kylin.properties, and set GMT as default. It will give users a tip to change to their own timezone.
  I think this will be useful for many users, because Kylin has been used by many people globally, not just in PST and CST.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Meng and Yerui,

Posted by Yerui Sun <su...@gmail.com>.
We have met this issue too.