Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Steve Sapovits <st...@comcast.net> on 2006/05/20 15:33:22 UTC

Embperl and Wikis

I'd like a Wiki component as part of the Embperl-based pages
I'm building.  The basic idea is Embperl to generate dynamic,
data-based views into things we do (jobs, etc.); some sort of
Wiki to hold all the documentation and developer collaboration.
I'd be interested to hear how others may have coordinated the
two.  In an ideal world, any Embperl-based templates I build
could somehow also be applied to the Wiki side to get a single
look and feel.

--
Steve Sapovits  steves06@comcast.net

RE: Embperl and Wikis

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I'd like a Wiki component as part of the Embperl-based pages
> I'm building.  The basic idea is Embperl to generate dynamic,
> data-based views into things we do (jobs, etc.); some sort of
> Wiki to hold all the documentation and developer collaboration.
> I'd be interested to hear how others may have coordinated the
> two.  In an ideal world, any Embperl-based templates I build
> could somehow also be applied to the Wiki side to get a
> single look and feel.

I have integrated Kwiki into the Embperl Website. This might be a way to go,
also Kwiki doesn't use Embperl for rendering, it can be pulled in as an
component in an Embperl::Object based website.

You can take a look at eg/web/db/wiki.epl and you have to install kwiki into
eg/kwiki

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **