Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Philip Durbin <ph...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/13 17:21:46 UTC

Netbeans Connector Chrome Extension

Hi! I've been a fan of the Netbeans Connector Chrome Extension for years
and recommend it in the dev guide for our project.

Unfortunately, it stopped working for me. The most significant change I've
made lately is upgrading to OS X Mojave (I'm currently on 10.14.2). I'm
using NetBeans 8.2.

I tried removing the extension from Chrome and re-adding it.

When I click "Run" on my Java EE 7 project, a new Chrome tab opens with an
address
of file:///private/var/folders/c2/qts2_6zn7cl5h8g8x7r7xcbr0000gn/T/blank678733039306727859.html
(for example) and blank page. The content of that HTML page is this:

Nothing happens after this blank page shows up. The extension isn't working.

Any advice on how I can get this working again?

Thanks!

Phil

How can I prevent duplicate "binary directory"-s under Netbeans

Posted by * William <wi...@gmail.com>.
Greetings Netbeans roasters,

I've seen this in the netbeans IDE log.  It is more than a warning it
messes up the editor, debugger and just makes life painful. See log snippet
below.

The project files are on the drive Mounted as /work under root on Linux.
Yet for some mysterious reason, Netbeans or java persists in digging into
the bowels and deriving a second path of:

   - file:/data/work/products

When the mounted path is:

   - file:/data/work/products

A similar thing happened with work was a Symbolic Link.  This problem
come-up on Linux and Windows and I would expect the same on a Mac when
anyone puts files on a path with Symbolic Links.  I don't know it it is a
Gradle artefact or not because we never say this with Ant and Maven builds
inside Netbeans.

Any suggestions or indights welcome?

WARNING
[org.netbeans.modules.java.preprocessorbridge.spi.CompileOnSaveAction]:
More than one binary directory for root:
file:/data/work/products/watchdog/relay/dev/lib/tmacs/foundation/TestingSupport/src/main/groovy/
WARNING [null]: Last record repeated 2 more times.
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.Watcher]: Cannot add filesystem
watch for
/data/work/products/watchdog/relay/dev/lib/tmacs/foundation/comms/build/classes/java:
java.io.IOException: addWatch on
/data/work/products/watchdog/relay/dev/lib/tmacs/foundation/comms/build/classes/java
errno: 2

Kind regards,

  aplatypus

Re: Netbeans Connector Chrome Extension

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Yup, each version of Chrome has its own special and AFAIK undocumented
changes that could impact the connector. The only solution is that someone
steps forward to debug and figure out what the latest problems are with the
connector and provides patches to Apache NetBeans GitHub. I might take a
look but there’s 100 other things I might take a look at too.

Gj