Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tom H <to...@limepepper.co.uk> on 2008/07/24 06:18:56 UTC

server rmi connecting to wrong client ip

Hi,

I've got the problem mentioned here;
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-0ad069b4d8975a098db88de89d04b4f187647c8b

I have a windows box connected to a VPN, and the client can connect to
the server. But nothing happens.... Checking the "netstat -antp | grep
java" output on the server - the server is stuck with a SYN_SENT
connection, where its trying to connect to the Windows box on its local
ip and not its VPN ip.

I tried setting -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.5.6 but it did not
work only set the servers ip incorrectly, but I guess I am after forcing
the client to use the correct IP and not the server. ie I want the rmi
protocol to know the correct client ip.

I tried setting "-Djava.rmi.client.hostname=192.168.5.6 " on the client,
but it seems to ignore that.

Any Idea what I can do?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: server rmi connecting to wrong client ip

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/07/2008, Tom H <to...@limepepper.co.uk> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I've got the problem mentioned here;
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-0ad069b4d8975a098db88de89d04b4f187647c8b
>
>  I have a windows box connected to a VPN, and the client can connect to the
> server. But nothing happens.... Checking the "netstat -antp | grep java"
> output on the server - the server is stuck with a SYN_SENT connection, where
> its trying to connect to the Windows box on its local ip and not its VPN ip.
>
>  I tried setting -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.5.6 but
> it did not work only set the servers ip incorrectly, but I guess I am after
> forcing the client to use the correct IP and not the server. ie I want the
> rmi protocol to know the correct client ip.
>
>  I tried setting "-Djava.rmi.client.hostname=192.168.5.6 "
> on the client, but it seems to ignore that.
>
>  Any Idea what I can do?

If you cannot get it to work, then just copy the test plan to the
server and run it in non-GUI (batch)  mode. You can copy the JTL file
back to the client for analysis after the run.

If you are running multiple servers, just combine the results.