Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Martin Dindoffer <md...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/24 19:27:27 UTC

How to import Netbeans into Netbeans?

Hi everyone,

Is the Apache Netbeans repo supposed to be a netbeans-ready ant project?
How should I import the incubator-netbeans into the netbeans?
It builds just fine with simple 'ant' command. But when I open it in the
ide, all I get
is a freeform project "main" with just a build.xml resolved.

Trying to open a specific cluster, such as core.network I get
an <unrecognized project; missing plug-in?> error message in the Project
Name textfield.

Thanks,

Martin

Re: How to import Netbeans into Netbeans?

Posted by Martin Dindoffer <md...@gmail.com>.
Excellent! Turns out I've had deactivated the 'Netbeans Plugin Development'
plugin
and that was causing the issue. It never occured to me that I'd need that,
since I was not trying to create a plugin.
Silly me.

Thanks again Gj!

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Martin Dindoffer <md...@gmail.com>.