Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marc Bentje <no...@htp-tel.de> on 2005/05/03 09:17:55 UTC

[users@httpd] apache-vhosts with 'correct' suexec / chroot under solaris9

hello anyone,

now the same in english - sorry that I'm reached the wrong group :) ,

I've got here the apachen-1.3.33 and the 2.0.54
under solaris 9 working. By now I wan't to seperate each
vhost into it's own chroot .

Therefore I mean that the single vhost only sees
its own chroot as its filesystem and not the
systems filesystem its running on and not one of the other
vhosts .
to say it easy - a web-hosting environment with a chrot for each vhost.

my short test with < phpinfo(); > points every time onto the
the path , its look like on the filesystem .

_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/var/www/netra.amok.local/pages
   _ENV["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/var/www/netra.amok.local/pages

I wan't only see

_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/pages
   _ENV["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/pages

I know that this runs,
I've seen this on a 1.3.27 on solaris 8

does anyone konw what I may change at the suexec
that the apache runs this way ?

Maybe exists some patch for this 'feature'

thanks for the help

danke schoneinmal
an all die hellen köpfe da draussen :)

danke

marc

Re: [users@httpd] apache-vhosts with 'correct' suexec / chroot under solaris9

Posted by Marian Marinov <ha...@hydra.azilian.net>.
Marc Bentje wrote:
> hello anyone,
>
> now the same in english - sorry that I'm reached the wrong group :) ,
>
> I've got here the apachen-1.3.33 and the 2.0.54
> under solaris 9 working. By now I wan't to seperate each
> vhost into it's own chroot .
>
> Therefore I mean that the single vhost only sees
> its own chroot as its filesystem and not the
> systems filesystem its running on and not one of the other
> vhosts .
> to say it easy - a web-hosting environment with a chrot for each vhost.
>
> my short test with < phpinfo(); > points every time onto the
> the path , its look like on the filesystem .
>

> _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/var/www/netra.amok.local/pages
>    _ENV["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/var/www/netra.amok.local/pages
>
> I wan't only see
>
> _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/pages
>    _ENV["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]/pages
>
> I know that this runs,
> I've seen this on a 1.3.27 on solaris 8
>
> does anyone konw what I may change at the suexec
> that the apache runs this way ?
>
> Maybe exists some patch for this 'feature'
>

> thanks for the help
>
> danke schoneinmal
> an all die hellen köpfe da draussen :)
>
> danke
>
> marc

You do not need to change the suEXEC. You simply need to compile PHP as
CGI not as module. This however slows down the performance of the PHP
scripts but it ensure the security of the machine.