Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2014/05/05 07:32:15 UTC

[QUESTION] User has no insight into hypervisor type when attaching/detaching data disk

Hi,

I noticed today that the Hypervisor Type is not present in the GUI's
Storage table for users of accounts that are of the User type.

This makes me wonder: When using Zone-wide Primary Storage, how does a user
know when he detaches a data disk from one VM that he can successfully
attach it to another VM?

If those VMs are in different clusters under different hypervisor types,
this operation will fail.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: [QUESTION] User has no insight into hypervisor type when attaching/detaching data disk

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Ideally an end user wouldn't need to know about hypervisor types; however,
we already expose this to the user when he creates a VM.