Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2016/07/20 16:59:59 UTC

Expand spring import ranges...

I’m looking at the message that was posted to the users list:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a2e5deee28e5532e30d4dce42d3c450cfa3d468f99824c38fbcfd369@%3Cusers.camel.apache.org%3E

along with some internal tests and am pretty sure that with 2.17.x, there isn’t really a way to get CXF and Camel working well together within Karaf.   Even with a minor fix to the camel-cxf-* imports that are needed to resolve the stuff in that message (CAMEL-10153), you still end up with all kinds of issues, particularly if you DO try to use spring-dm.   Most of the camel components (like camel-jms) are set to import spring stuff using "[4.1,5)” which forces the 4.1 versions of spring to be installed.  However, if you do decide to use spring-dm, you pull in 3.2.x as well which results in two versions of spring.  Some stuff ends up using 3.x, some stuff 4.x.

On 2.17.x, I’d like to extend the ranges for the imports for the stuff that CAN use 3.2.x to be "[3.2,5)”.   I’d need to verify the components that use spring to see if they can still work with 3.x but there aren’t that many of them.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Expand spring import ranges...

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Dan,

+1

It sounds good to me, and will avoid to install multiple spring versions
when not required.

Regards
JB

--