Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Janne Kario <no...@mermit.fi> on 2003/06/21 17:14:24 UTC

James with mbox spools

Is it possible to use James with standard unix mbox spools? I would like
to continue using pine as my mail client.

- Janne

Re: James with mbox spools

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 06:14:24PM +0300, Janne Kario wrote:
> Is it possible to use James with standard unix mbox spools? I would like
> to continue using pine as my mail client.

You'd need another MTA (non-daemon; just install sendmail, exim, or
any other MTA, but don't have it get started on boot), procmail, and
fetchmail. On your ~/.fetchmailrc, have something like below:
poll myhost.com protocol pop3 user <username> password <password> mda
"/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

You might need to have a "keep" option, so that the messages would be
left on the server.

Oki

RE: James with mbox spools

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is it possible to use James with standard unix mbox spools?

Not in James v2.

	--- Noel