Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marc Chamberlin <ma...@easystreet.com> on 2002/06/06 07:59:38 UTC

James crash

Hi - I thought I would send this in to the group, just for a heads up...  I
am running a couple of mail lists on version 2.0a2 of James and I received a
piece of spam junk which was apparently sent to the URL for unsubscribing to
one of my lists. While James did log the attempt OK, and it did send the
spam to the error repository, it appears to have hung/crashed afterwards...
I am using the generic AvalonListServManager class to handle the
administrative commands for my mail list. I have included the mail header
info (slightly modified and body deleted) and the stack walkback that
occurred.. Any ideas as to what may have happened?

To: <Not Insured>
From: "Term Quotes, Life Insurance Companies of America"
<Te...@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Your Life Insurance CO does not want you to know this.. LSD
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 19:36:21 -1700

Wed Jun 05 18:15:29 PDT 2002 [DEBUG  ] (spoolmanager.error): Servicing
Mail1023326050020-0-!28925200-!88407890 by NotifyPostmaster Mailet
Wed Jun 05 18:15:29 PDT 2002 [ERROR  ] (spoolmanager.error): Exception
calling NotifyPostmaster: Illegal whitespace in address
javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal whitespace in address in
string ``Not Insured''
 at
javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.checkAddress(InternetAddress.java:837)
 at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:748)
 at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:501)
 at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.getAddressHeader(MimeMessageWrapper
.java:105)
 at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.getRecipients(MimeMessageWrapper.ja
va:270)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.NotifyPostmaster.service(NotifyPostmaster
.java:109)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:168)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
241)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:208)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Executabl
eRunnable.java:47)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:8
0)

    Marc..

------------------------------------
Do you think the software industry will ever make software that is as easy
and reliable for a user to use
as the automobile industry makes a car easy and reliable for a user to
drive?

Re: James crash

Posted by Marc Chamberlin <ma...@easystreet.com>.
Already have Serge.... Danny also asked me to... ;-)   Marc..

Re: James crash

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

RE: James crash

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
thanks marc, it died trying to turn <Not Insured> into an address, obviously
thats silly.. pls report this in bugzilla
d.