Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> on 2008/12/01 16:37:18 UTC

Re: [Java] Eclipse Java Management Console

Marnie McCormack wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As you may be aware, there are a few Eclipse Mgt Console (for the Java
> Broker) JIRAs underway at the moment. Basically, it's been aging somewhat
> ungracefully for some time now. During testing for the M4 release, Martin
> found a few extra items that aren't working.
>
> The net result is that the console really needs some love. The patches from
> Robbie Gemmell (thanks for those) are a great help. I know that Martin is
> also planning to do some work on the JIRAs he raised last week around the
> user management elements.
>
> I'll be doing a self-built release to some users of the build from trunk
> when it's in better shape, for use with the M4 Java Broker. I wanted to
> propose an independent (i.e. not the same dates etc as M4, since it's much
> too late) release of this component too ?
>
> Please let me know if you object to this idea, otherwise I'll post some
> timelines/suggestions around the scope for the release (JIRAs etc).

What would the impact be on trunk development? Would there be some sort
of freeze or expectation to hold back trunk development until the
component release is done, or would the component release be done off of
the yet-to-be-created M4 branch?

--Rafael

Re: [Java] Eclipse Java Management Console

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Rafi,

The component release of (just) the JMX Management Console would be done
from trunk.

I would not envisage there being any need for a trunk freeze or hold back,
aside from on the console code itself. I'll test the console against the M4
Java Broker to confirm that it inter-ops ok.

The console hasn't been fixed up for a really long time, so we can only make
it better :-)

Hth,
Marnie