Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Vee Satayamas <vs...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 16:00:13 UTC

nutch-trunk identifies a language of query string automatically?

Hi,

nutch-trunk identifies a language of query string automatically? When I use
nutch from the web the parameter "lang=en" was added automatically.
(for instance,
http://localhost:8080/nutch/search.jsp?query=%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%81&hitsPerPage=10&lang=en)

Is "lang=en" default value? If yes, how can I change it? If not, how can it
be added? (by language-identify plugin?)

Regards,
Vee

Re: nutch-trunk identifies a language of query string automatically?

Posted by Vee Satayamas <vs...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Thank Jérôme for the answer.

>The lang parameter is taken from the browser language setting (if I
>correctly remember this piece of code)

It is true.

When lang=en, Thai searching results have been  incorrect. Unfortunately, I
cannot expect people to set the language of their browsers to Thai (or other
languages).

Would you please give me suggestions?

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> Is "lang=en" default value? If yes, how can I change it? If not, how can
> it
> be added? (by language-identify plugin?)

The lang parameter is taken from the browser language setting (if I
correctly remember this piece of code).

Jérôme