Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mikael St�ldal <mi...@home.se> on 2002/01/19 19:37:14 UTC

Strange error in Batik rasterizer

I'm trying to integrate the Batik rasterizer into another application, but
I get this strange exception when I try to instantiate an JPEGTranscoder:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.JPEGTranscoder.<init>(Unknown
Source)

I'm using Batik 1.1.1.

Re: Strange error in Batik rasterizer

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
On Saturday 19 January 2002 19:37, you wrote:
> I'm trying to integrate the Batik rasterizer into another application, but
> I get this strange exception when I try to instantiate an JPEGTranscoder:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>          at
> org.apache.batik.dom.svg.ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation.<init>(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.apache.batik.dom.svg.ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation.<clinit>(Unknown
> Source)
>          at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.<init>(Unknown Source)
>          at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.JPEGTranscoder.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
>
> I'm using Batik 1.1.1.

Your classpath is probably incorrect.

The batik jar files must be at the beginning of your classpath. Please also
check that your classpath does not contain an old DOM binding (from an old
version of xerces...).

Thierry.