Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/05/13 22:16:13 UTC

[FLEXJS] Progress in building ASJS with maven

Hi,

I just wanted to report that I finally managed to build all of the modules of the ASJS project with maven. In contrast to the Ant build, in the Maven build however the parts aren't built separately but AS and JS version are built together.

However there is one thing, that I would like to ask to have cleaned up ... currently the JS version of the XML module uses include-sources and the AS version uses include-class ... As I generate all config files from the same settings, this makes it quite difficult for me, so would it be possible to add the missing types to the XmlClasses the way all the others work or would it be possible to use incluce-sources in both compilations? Also I did notice an additional compiler argument "-compiler.strict-xml=true" That is set in the build.xml of the JS part. Is it safe to add this switch to all of the JS builds?

Chris

Re: [FLEXJS] Progress in building ASJS with maven

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
On May 14, 2016, at 3:26 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

>> However there is one thing, that I would like to ask to have cleaned up
>> ... currently the JS version of the XML module uses include-sources and
>> the AS version uses include-class ... As I generate all config files from
>> the same settings, this makes it quite difficult for me, so would it be
>> possible to add the missing types to the XmlClasses the way all the
>> others work or would it be possible to use incluce-sources in both
>> compilations?
>
> That should be possible, but Harbs would know best.

I think so. The whole class is only compiled to JS. Give it a try...

>> Also I did notice an additional compiler argument
>> "-compiler.strict-xml=true" That is set in the build.xml of the JS part.
>> Is it safe to add this switch to all of the JS builds?
>
> Well, I suppose it would work for now, but what if one SWC someday does
> need different settings than other SWCs?

I don’t remember the exact details, but asjs did not compile when we hard-coded the change into Falcon (that’s why it’s only an option), so I’m not sure what’s going to happen if you change this setting. You can try and see what happens. I’m kind of fuzzy on exactly what this option does to tell the truth...

Re: [FLEXJS] Progress in building ASJS with maven

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 5/13/16, 3:16 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I just wanted to report that I finally managed to build all of the
>modules of the ASJS project with maven. In contrast to the Ant build, in
>the Maven build however the parts aren't built separately but AS and JS
>version are built together.

Excellent!

>However there is one thing, that I would like to ask to have cleaned up
>... currently the JS version of the XML module uses include-sources and
>the AS version uses include-class ... As I generate all config files from
>the same settings, this makes it quite difficult for me, so would it be
>possible to add the missing types to the XmlClasses the way all the
>others work or would it be possible to use incluce-sources in both
>compilations?

That should be possible, but Harbs would know best.

> Also I did notice an additional compiler argument
>"-compiler.strict-xml=true" That is set in the build.xml of the JS part.
>Is it safe to add this switch to all of the JS builds?

Well, I suppose it would work for now, but what if one SWC someday does
need different settings than other SWCs?

Thanks,
-Alex