Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/30 23:54:31 UTC

Add skunk references to Subversion Repository Access page (Pivot Site)

Hi to all,
I've seen that in the "Subversion Repository Access" page here (
http://pivot.apache.org/svn.html ) there isn't a reference to the
(new, and currently empty) folder skunk.

I think would be interesting to have  a reference to it like
"Experimental area", or something other ... comments ?
I can do the change to the page, tell me if wanted.

In a few weeks I'll put there some of my experiments (for example an
eclipse project scala-use-pivot-via-maven , and if it's the case also
the non-maven version).
I'm thinking on a org.apache.pivot.experiments.* package namespace,
right ?  Other names are welcome, tell me.

After (and if wanted) I could convert old Groovy simple demos to a
maven (and maybe also a non-maven) projects there ...

In any case I think it would be useful to let users know that this
area exists (link and description in the page, and a post to
developers and uses when at least something will be committed there)
... experimental but with good code (no compilation problems,
following our coding standards and quality) and without licensing
problems.

Thanks,
Sandro

Re: Add skunk references to Subversion Repository Access page (Pivot Site)

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi to all,
sorry please ignore my previous post, now I've retried and has worked.

Bye,

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi to all,
I've tried to do the change to /site/svn.xml but I get this error:

    svn: Commit failed (details follow):
    svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKACTIVITY of
'/repos/asf/!svn/act/6cf71084-2801-0010-a5c4-c10f29929485': 403
Forbidden (http://svn.apache.org)

some permission missing to me ?

In attach there is the patch (inside the zip), so if Greg or Todd
wants to put ... or tell me after granting permissions (or is it an
infra issue ?).

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I'll do next week ...

Thank you.