Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by David Lim <da...@apache.org> on 2018/12/02 09:50:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.13.0 [RC4]

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Druid (incubating) 0.13.0, release
candidate 4.

A list of the patches applied can be found here:
  Since rc1:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+base%3A0.13.0-incubating+merged%3A%3C2018-11-17T06+
  Since rc2:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+base%3A0.13.0-incubating+merged%3A2018-11-16T05..2018-11-17T06+
  Since rc3:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+base%3A0.13.0-incubating+merged%3A2018-11-30..2018-12-02+

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release! You can read the
proposed release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/6442

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as
druid-0.13.0-incubating-rc4 (cf15aac), available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/releases/tag/druid-0.13.0-incubating-rc4

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/0.13.0-incubating-rc4

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedruid-1002/

Release artifacts are signed with the key [7183DE56]:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/davidlim.asc (also available here:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=davidlim%40apache.org&op=index)

This key and the key of other committers can also be found in the project's
KEYS file here: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/KEYS

Please review the proposed artifacts and vote. As this is our first release
under the Apache Incubator program, note that Apache has specific
requirements that must be met before +1 binding votes can be cast by PMC
members. Please refer to the policy at
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#policy for more details.

As part of the validation process, the release artifacts can be generated
from source by running: mvn clean install -Papache-release,dist,rat

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a
majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

Once the vote has passed, the second stage vote will be called on the
Apache Incubator mailing list to get approval from the Incubator PMC.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Druid (incubating) 0.13.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Starting with my +1 (binding)

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.13.0 [RC4]

Posted by Niketh Sabbineni <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Niketh Sabbineni

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.13.0 [RC4]

Posted by Fangjin Yang <fa...@imply.io>.
+1

Posted by Clint Wylie <cl...@imply.io>.
+1

src package:
- verified signature/hash
- verify LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER file present and contents look good
- compiled and ran unit tests, passed
- ran integration tests, passed
- built binary distribution, started local cluster with compiled artifacts,
tested indexing/query with native indexing, wikipedia example data,
everything functional

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.