Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marta Gołąbek <mg...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/12 16:38:19 UTC

Apache ManifoldCF: Get a history report for a repository connection over REST API

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm trying to get a history report for a repository connection over
ManifoldCF REST API. According to the documentation:

https://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/release-2.11/en_US/programmatic-operation.html#History+query+parameters

It should be possible with the following URL (connection name:
myConnection):

http://localhost:8345/mcf-api-service/json/repositoryconnectionhistory/myConnection

I have also tried to use some of the history query parameters:

http://localhost:8345/mcf-api-service/json/repositoryconnectionhistory/myConnection?report=simple

But I am not sure if I am using them correctly or how they should be
attached to the URL, because it is not mentioned in the documentation. The
problem is also that I don't receive any error, but an empty object, so it
is difficult to debug. The API returns an empty object even for a
non-existing connection.

However it works for resources, which doesn't have any attributes, e.g.:

http://localhost:8345/mcf-api-service/json/repositoryconnectionjobs/myConnection

or

http://localhost:8345/mcf-api-service/json/repositoryconnections/myConnection

Thanks in advace for any help.

Best regards,

Marta Golabek

Re: Apache ManifoldCF: Get a history report for a repository connection over REST API

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, query parameters in any URL go after the fixed "path" part of the URL,
and are of the form ?parameter=value&parameter2=value2... just like any
other URL.

My suspicion is that you aren't supplying the activity(s) that you want to
match.  The best way to figure out what activities make sense for the
connection is to look at the report UI page for that connection and see
what activities are available.  Also please be aware that by default MCF
purges history records that are more than 30 days old -- you can configure
longer, but if they don't show up in the UI they aren't going to show up in
the API.  Finally, the reason you don't get an error when you use a
connection name that is bogus is because the underlying implementation is
merely doing a dumb query and not checking for the legality/existence of
the connection name you give it.

Thanks, and please let me know how it goes.

Karl

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.