Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/10 11:20:36 UTC

Customizing seed data

Hi,

i am currently setup a production + development environment and I want to
know if there is a guideline of how to customize seed data. I understand
that seed data is maintained along the ofbiz code but for me doesn't make
sense to have a very large list of languages, currencies, uom's and so on,
so I think it's a good practice to 'eliminate' everything the business is
not gonna use. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As I could checked it out I saw I possible approach where I may convert seed
data to ext data and comment it out the data I will never use. Am I right?

Best regards,

Jonatan Soto

Re: Customizing seed data

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
in every folder there is ofbiz-component.xml
in it is a list of the seed data files for each folder.
look for  reader-name="seed"

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Re: Customizing seed data

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
They are under 'data' folder of every application.

HTH

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Doaa Abd El-Hady <
engdoaa.abdelhady@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please I need to know where can I get the seed data files and change it?

-----

Jonatan Soto

Re: Customizing seed data

Posted by Doaa Abd El-Hady <en...@yahoo.com>.
Please I need to know where can I get the seed data files and change it?

Re: Customizing seed data

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help Abhai, much appreciated!

--
-----

Jonatan Soto

RE: Customizing seed data