Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net> on 2007/05/04 16:51:04 UTC

PDF Output Formatting (Orders, Invoices, etc.)

Hi all!

I am currently working on the rendering of output for a show,
specifically orders, invoices and the like.

If what I found is right, OFBiz currently takes the conversion from
in-memory data to XSL-FO in one goal through FTL templates.

Would it be a) possible and b) desireable to make this a 2-step process,
i.e.:

1. have OFBiz generate XML, for example:

<order>
   <head>
     <party id="XX">
     </party>
   </head>
   <items>
   </items>
</order>

2. turn that XML into XSL-FO using an XSLT stylesheet.

I can for sure create FTL templates which generate the XML I am looking
for. But is there a mechanism for chaining the steps, i.e. FTL
processing, then XSLT processing, then FOP processing?

Does this make sense at all?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: PDF Output Formatting (Orders, Invoices, etc.)

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
 > Why transform the data twice?

To be able to keep content and formatting separate.

Regards,
Torsten

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.