Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by taabpr <ta...@aster.pl> on 2004/07/27 15:04:53 UTC

Caching of external data (http request)

Hi all,
I want to cache some request from another server.
So in my sitemap:
        <map:pipeline type="caching">
            <map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 1 hours"/>
            <map:match pattern="data.xml">
                <map:generate type="file" src="http://foo/data.xml"/>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>

            <map:match pattern="test">
                <map:generate type="file" src="cocoon:/data.xml"/>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>

and for testing I call the 'test'. Unfortunately all the time the
http://foo is called. Why?
Is the parameter 'expires' used only for the browser (and not the cocoon
pipelines)? If so, why it is so :)?
And how to set it for file generator? (I've checked the archive and
haven't found any working solution/sample, although it was very often
asked).
    Tom