Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Hulslander, Ryan" <Ry...@ps.net> on 2002/11/15 21:32:33 UTC

[users@httpd] LDAP Authentication for 2.0 - can't configure/build

Background;
I'm running Apache 2.0.42 under SuSE linux 8.0 and building Apache from the
source

Problem;

I need to install an LDAP module to handle authentication, and everything I
try on the configure script that I see in the documentation doesn't seem to
want to work. I tried the following:

./configure --enable-ssl --enable-file-cache --enable-deflate
--enable-mpm=worker --with-ldap

and I got

checking for ldap support...
checking for ldap_init in -lldap50... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl40... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl30... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl20... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... (cached) no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... (cached) no
configure: error: could not find an LDAP library
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

I also tried

./configure --enable-ssl --enable-file-cache --enable-deflate
--enable-mpm=worker --enable-ldap

The configure seems to work, but when I proceed with the make step, I get

util_ldap.c:81: #error mod_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support built
in

Does anyone have any ideas? Everything works and compiles great except for
when I add in the ldap info.

Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Ryan Hulslander