Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Russell Black <rb...@fold3.com> on 2012/03/09 21:05:19 UTC

Knowing which fields matched a search

When searching across multiple fields, is there a way to identify which field(s) resulted in a match without using highlighting or stored fields?

Re: Knowing which fields matched a search

Posted by Russell Black <rb...@fold3.com>.
Paul,

I would think debugQuery would make it slower too, wouldn't it?  Where is the thread you are referring to?  Is there a lucene jira ticket for this?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Russel,

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
debugQuery tells you.