Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "kiwi.ryu" <ki...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 20:26:39 UTC

Re: How to build a hudson/jenkins like live log viewer?

Hi, am working on kind of similar use case to build a log viewer. New to
wicket..can you share how would you invoke this code from your wicket class
based on user selection of a file? appreciate ur inputs. thank you.

Re: How to build a hudson/jenkins like live log viewer?

Posted by James Selvakumar <ja...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

This works like a charm. I'm using it in in our project. Thanks once again
for all your suggestions.
Just a minor correction in case you are using a MultiLineLabel for
"nextLog".
While appending Javascript in the "onPostProcessTarget" method, instead of:

use:

This is needed because ".text()" method removes the html formatting (i.e the
Cheers.

Re: How to build a hudson/jenkins like live log viewer?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Check the source code of these two examples:
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/clock
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/world-clock

For your task you can use MultilineLabel component to show the current
content. Just refresh its model with the latest content of the file.
This wont be very effective because it will re-deliver the whole file
content again and again but it is the most simple way.
When you become more acquaint with Wicket you can optimize it by
re-delivering just the new stuff that is not already shown in the
previous repaint.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:55 AM, kiwi.ryu <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, as i mentioned i am new to wicket, can you pls tell me how to call this
> final code mentioned in this thread?
>
> i can't have this in constructor, I need to have this code executed after a
> file selection. Now how do I
> add these 2 div's during initialization. I have no idea.
>
> please respond ASAP.
>
> Thanks in advance

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: How to build a hudson/jenkins like live log viewer?

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
James ;

Load the file , set it as value for a label component, then add
ajaxtimerbehaviour (or something like that) to keep refreshing the label..

Josh.