Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/01 00:59:31 UTC

Re: Podling Report Reminder - February 2017

John,

A report was provided for January, so does a report need to be provided for
February as well?

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: Podling Report Reminder - February 2017

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Apologies for going dark, I had a hectic week. Thank you for stepping up,
Justin.

Bruce

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Personally, I always prefer to see non-mentors create and submit the
> report.  Mentors role is to review and approve, or provide feedback.
> Having it come from the full community makes it look a lot less top-down.

+1 to that.

OK by me if  delete my report and we’ll report next month instead.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Podling Report Reminder - February 2017

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Clear, thanks john explanation, we will report until the April.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Apologies for response until i read the latest board report. Next month, i will file a report for rocketmq podling process. BTW, Do we need every mentors to sign off? I found only justin mentor have done it.:-) Thanks mentors help for the last 2 board reports.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Anyone have anything to add to this? As this is late I post it now and then add anyone feedback.

RocketMQ is a fast, low latency, reliable, scalable, distributed, easy to use
message-oriented middleware, especially for processing large amounts of
streaming data.

RocketMQ has been incubating since 2016-11-21.

  1. Grow the community
  2. Make our first Apache release
  3. Vote in our first committer / PMC members

aware of?

  None

  * Several people have contributed a number of accepted PRs to the code base
  * Discussions are taking place on the dev@ mailing and traffic has increased
  * Development occurring at https://github.com/rocketmq is going to be brought
    back into the project
 * Increase in JIRA activity and 80% of raised issues resolved
 * Small lull in activity due to Chinese New Year

  * Project been successfully moved to Apache infrastructure
  * Moved towards creating first Apache release

Date of last release:

  No releases yet but first release currently being discussed and will be voted on soon.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  No elections have taken place yet but discussions are taking place.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Podling Report Reminder - February 2017

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
RocketMQ PPMC,

Are you going to be able to file a report this month?  Its now past due.

John

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.