Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/31 18:04:41 UTC

openejb website? where to go?

Hi!

i re-read all mails about websites and we spoke a lot so what do we do?

What i was thinking about was to use a real CMS with a wiki like language
(so the cms looks pretty cool for it). However i didn't see where was the
template used by the CMS (in the lucy example)?

IMHO the website should have at least these tabs (i didn't sort them):
2) Documentation
4) Community (facebook, twitter, issues (fom jira) etc...)
5) Tutorials (examples + Screencasts)
6) Download
7) Blog
8) About + Friends (cxf, openjpa...)
9) Roadmap
10) Licence

We could import examples using maven reporting i think (maybe it needs a
little hack but not something too terrible if the CMS is not so bad ;)).

About the backup of the website in the svn i think a CMS allowing to export
content is enough and it could be croned.

Any Thoughts?

- Romain

Re: openejb website? where to go?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I like clean home pages but your idea is not bad, some javascript could help
to show/hide this kind of informations and avoid the none professional look.

- Romain

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: openejb website? where to go?

Posted by stratwine <to...@gmail.com>.
(..contd)

FAQ examples:
----------------
Can start off with very basic questions like these:

		-How is OpenEJB lightweight ?
		-Is OpenEJB a server ?
		-How can it help me if I am using JBoss / Glassfish
		-What can I do and what can I not do while using while using OpenEJB as a
Standalone server ?

Errors Section
----------------
Things like "I tried XXX But am getting this error.." which are repeatedly
faced/asked

Thanks,
Vishwa

Re: openejb website? where to go?

Posted by stratwine <to...@gmail.com>.
Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> For me the FAQ should be more links to other pages and some short hints.

Yes. A brief answer and links to resources should be enough I guess.

-Vishwa

Re: openejb website? where to go?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hi,

to get questions from mailing lists/irc/... should be for me almost obvious

I like the way the faq you gave a link is done but isn't it a bit in
conflict with the documentation? the one of openejb is not so bad and
usually each page answers to a simple question. I don't know if both are
needed like it.

#3) Users would want to accomplish specific tasks using OpenEJB. Specific
question like "how to do XXX with OpenEJB" would help the user.

#4) Its one other way of getting the examples/articles/blog-posts out

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
IMHO a FAQ is needed so we should update it.

Yes we should generate team page.

More generally all what is generable about doc should be done.

- Romain

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
I like it.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.