Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@pearson.com> on 2006/01/23 21:48:54 UTC

[Struts EL & JSTL]

I'm not sure what exactly is Struts EL and how it compares to the JSTL tags.

I've used JSTL 1.0 tags and see how there is overlap between some of the
Struts logic/bean tags but I fail to see what exactly Struts EL is.

I've read http://struts.apache.org/struts-el/index.html
<http://struts.apache.org/struts-el/index.html>  but I still fail to see
what it is.

Can somebody clarify this for me?

Shawn

If you were not an intended recipient,

Re: [Struts EL & JSTL]

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Garner, Shawn wrote:
> I'm not sure what exactly is Struts EL and how it compares to the JSTL tags.
>
> I've used JSTL 1.0 tags and see how there is overlap between some of the
> Struts logic/bean tags but I fail to see what exactly Struts EL is.
>
> I've read http://struts.apache.org/struts-el/index.html
> <http://struts.apache.org/struts-el/index.html>  but I still fail to see
> what it is.

The EL tags are variants of the standard tags that know how to evaluate
JSTL expressions. They're useful when you're running on a pre-JSP 2.0
container which doesn't do this automatically.

L.