Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2014/10/25 13:01:00 UTC

IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Hi,
I have a project which fails when upgrading ds from 1.0.2 - > 1.0.3

Does anyone have a clue why?

primefaces 5.1.1
tomee 1.7.1

br hw

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find beans for Type=class
org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig and qualifiers:[]

org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.provider.BeanProvider.getContextualReference(BeanProvider.java:150)

org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.impl.listener.request.DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.init(DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.java:146)

org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.impl.listener.request.DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.lazyInit(DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.java:136)

org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.impl.listener.request.DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.broadcastDestroyedJsfRequestEvent(DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.java:125)

org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.impl.listener.request.DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.release(DeltaSpikeFacesContextWrapper.java:96)
	org.primefaces.context.PrimeFacesContext.release(PrimeFacesContext.java:28)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:235)
	org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Ah,
maybe a servletcontextlistener(?).
I'll check it out.

Thanks!

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
You can alternatively use a "startup event" to create the timer.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com
https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
I think I finally figured it out.

somewhere in my repositories I did a lookup like this:

@repository
public abstract <respoitory>  extends abstactentityrepository<>
public function(){
Query query = this.entityManager().createNamedQuery(....)
..
..
}

this one fails (silently)

EL Info]: 2014-10-26 13:48:17.771--ServerSession(1948558493)--EclipseLink,
version: Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd

is NOT to be seen.

If i make it an abstract running @query its ok.

right now I do not now why.

could someone share some light on why this might happen?

btw,
jta in persistence.xml and producer:

@ApplicationScoped
public class EntityManagerProducer {

    @PersistenceContext(unitName = "demoPU")
    private EntityManager entityManager;

    @Produces
    public EntityManager create() {
        return entityManager;

    }
}

I think I'll be able to make a test project.

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
I really try to reproduce this:-|

anyway, did a try-catch around the createnamedquery:

Caused by: org.apache.deltaspike.data.api.QueryInvocationException: Failed
calling Repository:
[Repository=org.waastad.repository.ZoneLocaleTextRepository,entity=org.waastad.entity.TZoneLocaleText,method=entityManager,exception=class
org.apache.deltaspike.data.api.QueryInvocationException,message=Failed
calling Repository:
[Repository=org.waastad.repository.ZoneLocaleTextRepository,entity=org.waastad.entity.TZoneLocaleText,method=entityManager,exception=class
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException,message=null
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.builder.DelegateQueryBuilder.execute(DelegateQueryBuilder.java:66)
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.builder.QueryBuilder.executeQuery(QueryBuilder.java:57)
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.tx.TransactionalQueryRunner.executeNonTransactional(TransactionalQueryRunner.java:66)
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.tx.TransactionalQueryRunner.executeQuery(TransactionalQueryRunner.java:61)
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.handler.QueryHandler.invoke(QueryHandler.java:79)
	... 192 more
Caused by: org.apache.deltaspike.data.api.QueryInvocationException: Failed
calling Repository:
[Repository=org.waastad.repository.ZoneLocaleTextRepository,entity=org.waastad.entity.TZoneLocaleText,method=entityManager,exception=class
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException,message=null
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.builder.DelegateQueryBuilder.invoke(DelegateQueryBuilder.java:105)
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.builder.DelegateQueryBuilder.execute(DelegateQueryBuilder.java:57)
	... 196 more
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.builder.DelegateQueryBuilder.invoke(DelegateQueryBuilder.java:117)
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.builder.DelegateQueryBuilder.invoke(DelegateQueryBuilder.java:97)
	... 197 more
	at
org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.handler.EntityRepositoryHandler.entityManager(EntityRepositoryHandler.java:192)
	... 203 more

This is maybe missing transaction?

service calling repository even has require_new on method calling
repository.

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Hi,
I found out that I have issues with JMS aswell using repositories and CM
JTA.

https://github.com/hwaastad/DeltaDataTest.git

entitymanager obviously fails.

There is a test, JmsTest which just pushes a message to the queue and the
jmslistener uses a repository to write the object.

repository uses a entitymanager resolver and the test is ok.

remove entitymanagerconfig from repository and it will fail.
(injecting em into repository and do em.persist is also OK)

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Tried now to inject enittymanager and that works fine.
jta em.

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by Thomas Hug <th...@gmail.com>.
Hmm. Could be related to the way PartialBeans handle concrete method calls.
Those calls are not routed through the Repository extension code - maybe we
miss some initialization when calling entityManager(). The EM should be
found in a ThreadLocal.

Is injecting the EM in the repository and then using this EM for the call
working?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Missing transaction?

Posted by Thomas Hug <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
OK, another step forward.
I belive it might be caused by ear packaging.

My ear will have ds libs in /lib (not core-impl though)
I'm using tomee jars plugin so core-api/core-impl will also bee in web-app.

If I make make ear with "traditional" skinny wars it's with all jars is
ear/lib it's ok.

Now, I have'nt been able to reproduce yet, but something in my production
code is generating the issue. I'll still try to force one.

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
I've made som progress.

It might be the result of a timerservice.
I'ts implemented as
@singleton
@startup
.
.
@Resource
 private TimerService timerService;
@Inject @RemoteEJB thisEjb;

I'm producing remote ejbs, using ejb-refs in web.xml.

I will do some more testing.
Right now everything goes haywire just by removing @startup...

I'll update this post when I'm a bit closer to any good analysis.

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Could it be linked to another ServletContextListener?

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
OK,
I'll try to reproduce my production code in a demo project.

br hw

Re: IllegalStateException 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi,

that part wasn't changed in v1.0.3.
-> please provide a link to a demo-app which illustrates the issue.

regards,
gerhard