Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by manuel martin <ma...@med.cornell.edu> on 2004/08/09 19:46:32 UTC

parameters used with externalLink : serializable

Hi all,
I was trying to pass a block as a parameter to the exteranlLink, this block
being aimed at being rendered in the page the externalLing is pointing to.
I get the error message :

"Could not find an adaptor for class org.apache.tapestry.components.Block"
Stack trace :
#org.apache.tapestry.util.AdaptorRegistry.searchForAdaptor(AdaptorRegistry.j
ava:263)
#org.apache.tapestry.util.AdaptorRegistry.getAdaptor(AdaptorRegistry.java:15
2)
#org.apache.tapestry.util.io.DataSqueezer.squeeze(DataSqueezer.java:170)
#org.apache.tapestry.util.io.DataSqueezer.squeeze(DataSqueezer.java:192)
#org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractService.constructLink(AbstractService.ja
va:72)

I conclude (maybe am I wrong on this point) that it comes from the fact that
the Block class is not serializable, and that anything passed in the
parameters list has to be so.
If my conclusions are true, was is the smartest way to turn around this?

Thank you in advance,             Manuel