Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Garrod <wh...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 20:42:11 UTC

I need a volunteer subversion manager

Dear Subversion friends. Call me stupid, call me tech-ignorant, or call me
lazy, but I'm having difficulty understanding how to set up subversion. Part
of my problem is that I am the director of the organization; I don't get as
much chance to focus on this. And frankly, the manual puzzles me.

KeelWorks is a non-profit foundation with no paid staff. We are building a
learning intervention to help learners learn better. We hope to reach out to
the economically disadvantaged across the globe. I have ten teams of
instructional designers building eLearning storyboards and we hope to move
soon to eLearning development.

To do this we need to have a way to post files and share them without chaos.
Most of the people developing will learn as they go. We'll work with
Dreamweaver, Captivate, and Flash.

Getting people to volunteer their time is a hard sell. It won't work if they
have to figure anything out. I have to give them well-formed process and
clear instructions. I don't have anyone who has stepped up to manage this
subversion repository. And I can't seem to do it myself.

If someone in this community would be good enough to help us set up our
Google Project server repository and to guide users in setting up and using
clients, it would be a great help.

Thomas Garrod
The KeelWorks Foundation
http://keelworks.org

Re: I need a volunteer subversion manager

Posted by Kevin Grover <ke...@kevingrover.net>.
It sounds to me that you need a CMS (Content Management System) more than a
VCS (Version Control System, like Subversion).

I know from experience that getting veteran programs (used to using no VCS)
to use any VCS is an up-hill-battle: approaching a vertical climb at times.
I can't imagine trying to get 'regular' people to learn it.

Posted by vishwajeet singh <de...@gmail.com>.
I would like to offer my help for same

--
Vishwajeet Singh
+91-9657702154 | dextrous85@gmail.com | http://bootstraptoday.com

RE: I need a volunteer subversion manager

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.