Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by daniel steel <se...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/09 16:21:22 UTC

Standard Manager and concurrent hashmap

hello all,
  we are investigating memory issues on tomcat 6 and found that nearly 20 to 25% of the heap memory is being used by StandardManager - concurrent hashmap - [attached file].

how does tomcat use standard manager / concurrent hahsmap?
can this foot print be reduced in any way by turning off any setting - and the side effects?

thank you very much,
dan

Re: Standard Manager and concurrent hashmap

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
Please X:

[_] You are aware that this userlist does not allow any attachments

Rds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

RE: Standard Manager and concurrent hashmap

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: daniel steel [mailto:secc77@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Standard Manager and concurrent hashmap
>
> how does tomcat use standard manager / concurrent hahsmap?

There are no references to ConcurrentHashMap in StandardManager.  (Yes, you are being graded on proper case and spelling.)

The StandardSession class does use a ConcurrentHashMap to store attributes that *your* applications keep in sessions.  If you want to use less of the heap, don't set as many attributes.

 - Chuck